It’s Friday and #TeamAlice are back with all our recommendations for the must-sees and eats in the weeks #WhatTickledAlice.
On the Plate
- An original bank vault in the centre of the city is not the first place you would think of to enjoy a cocktail but according to Eva, The Mint Bar in The Westin Dublin at College Green is just perfect for a Saturday night cocktail – one of our top weekend recommendations.
- Darragh stopped by da Mirco Osteria in Cork last weekend. The food was amazing and the wine even better. What more could you want?
- Our intern Bri celebrated the big 2-0 last Tuesday with a fabulous pizza at NoLita. She topped of the night with a delicious artisan ice-cream from Murphys on Wicklow Street.
- Shouk was Emily’s restaurant of choice, serving tasty Mediterranean dishes. If you’re looking for delish food at reasonable prices, she highly recommends!
- Martina just finished Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan series of novels, which are all top holiday read recommendations. Next on her list is ‘Thirteen Ways of Looking’ by Colum McCann.
- Darragh is impressing us all with his choice of book this week! He currently reading Existentialism Is a Humanism, a 1946 work by the philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre. Certainly not simple but short and very interesting.
On the Screen
- Emily enjoyed a weekend of watching sport: the World Cup, hurling and Wimbledon! While loving Serena, she was delighted about Angela Kerber’s win at Wimbledon.
- In true political geek style, Ciara watched Barack Obama’s 2018 Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture on Wednesday evening. It was his first significant speech since leaving the Oval Office. If you don’t have an hour and half to watch, check out the transcript.
Out and About
- Martina attended a Paul Simon concert in the RDS on Friday night, fulfilling a lifelong dream to see him live.
- Eva spent her Sunday at the English electronic duo Autechre gig in the National Concert Hall. The show took place in complete darkness and was very immersive, a once in a million experience.
- Darragh traveled to Cork for the weekend for the Laya Healthcare City Spectacular. The free festival had plenty of entertainment for adults and children alike, perfect for families amongst our summer festival recommendations!
- Brianna will be heading to Paris to continue her birthday festivities in Paris!
- Martina will be traveling to London to visit family and explore the local exhibitions.
- Emily will be off on her next adventure this weekend in Berlin to celebrate her first friend’s wedding!