It’s been a while since we’ve shared our A-List recommendations for the best things to watch, read, listen to and do around Dublin and further afield. So, we’ve a bumper edition this week – featuring cycling, hiking, swimming, cello performances, deconstructed brownies and lots, lots more…
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been:
- ‘Mrs. America’ on RTÉ Player.
- ‘Dirty John’, ‘The Politician’ and ‘Away’ on Netflix.
- ‘The Fall’, also on Netflix – Sorcha’s second viewing and she says Gillian Anderson is even better on repeat!
- ‘Mrs. Maisel’, a firm #TeamAlice favourite and one that’s been mentioned here before. Emma just finished Season 3 and says she’s bereft without it.
- A Michaela Coel binge-fest of ‘Chewing Gum’, followed by ‘I May Destroy You’.
- The ‘Where is George Gibney’ podcast from BBC.
- The ‘Dirty John’ podcast from the LA Times (Martina’s listening to it, while Emily’s watching it 😊).
- ‘Down in the Weeds, Where the World Once Was’, the new album from Bright Eyes.
- ‘The Cow Book: A Story of Life on a Family Farm’ by John Connell – this month’s Alice Book Club choice.
- ‘Don’t Touch My Hair’ by Emma Dabiri.
- ‘Summerwater’ by Sarah Moss.
- ‘Constellations’ by Sinéad Gleeson – another repeat recommendation from #TeamAlice.
Eating and Drinking:
- “The best tacos in Dublin” (Emily’s verdict) at Masa.
- Tasty Italian food and gourmet burritos in La Bella Vita and The Pantry & Corkscrew, both in Westport.
- Brunch at Wall & Keogh Tea in Portobello.
- Delicious deconstructed brownies at Mad Egg (again – Emma’s a top fan).
- Great food at N11 in Ashford, Co. Wicklow – and drive-through coffee at The Fat Fox in Delgany.
- The Great Western Greenway in Co. Mayo.
- Bellinter House in Co. Meath for “a very bougie stay” (Emily’s verdict – she also recommends exploring the local area, including Bective Abbey and Balrath Woods).
- Fad Saoil Saunas at The Forty Foot in Dún Laghaire.
- The Spinc Trail in Glendalough and Djouce in the Wicklow Mountains.
- The Devil’s Punch Bowl at Mangerton Mountain outside Killarney.
- Brittas Bay Beach for a nice early-morning swim.
- Daily cello performances against stunning West of Ireland backdrops from musician Patrick Dexter.
Have a lovely weekend, everyone!