Interested in joining an award-winning PR agency in Dublin? We’re recruiting an Office Manager to join #TeamAlice – an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate!
Anyone who keeps track of our weekly Playbook posts on social media will appreciate that things move pretty quickly here at Alice PR & Events – even working from home hasn’t slowed us down. So how do we keep everything ticking along smoothly behind the scenes?
We’re recruiting a dynamic and organisation Office Manager to join our team in Dublin. We need someone who is calm and collected, who can prioritise tasks quickly and juggle competing demands on their time. They’ll need to have high standards and attention to detail to ensure the smooth running and ongoing growth of our agency.
The role combines elements of executive support, training administration and financial administration with office and systems management. What’s more, the new Office Manager will be the first point of contact for clients contacting or arriving at our brand new office in Rathmines, so a friendly, personable approach will be essential. They’ll be in very good company with our sociable, supportive team!
If you think you’re up for the job, you can discover more about our work here, and find out more about the role and how to apply, below:
Position: Office Manager
Contract: Full-time, permanent – subject to six-month probationary period.
Location: 10 Fortescue Lane, Mountpleasant Avenue Lower, Rathmines, Dublin 6.
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week, with some flexibility required)
Reports to: Managing Director / Organisational Development Director
About the Role
As Office Manager, you will play a key role in the smooth running of a busy agency; provide executive support to the senior management team; and work closely with our wider team to support training and events.
- Provide executive support to our Managing Director and senior management team, including diary management; HR administration; and business development support.
- Maintain and update our client and media databases.
- Coordinate our company events, marketing activities and social activities.
- Maintain office supplies and manage relationships with our landlord, as well as suppliers of IT, phones, electricity, cleaning services, etc.
- Be our first point of contact, including answering telephone calls and fielding queries, and managing the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Alice PR office on a day-to-day basis, including management of health and safety.
- Manage our petty cash and receipts systems.
- Liaise with client teams and clients to secure invoicing details; and add new clients to our invoicing system in a timely manner.
- Liaise with clients on billing queries.
- Effectively manage a log of company subscriptions and other expenses – with responsibility for renewing subscriptions and, where appropriate, identifying cost-savings for the company.
- Assist with the issuing of client invoices and follow-up, as required.
- Client Team Support
- Coordinate the production of impact reports and media coverage reports for clients.
- Book and liaise with third-party suppliers including audio-visual, videography and photography suppliers.
- Source and manage the production of event materials.
- Prepare materials (e.g. conference packs) in advance of client events.
- (Occasionally) attend client events to provide support with registration and other tasks.
- Training Administration
- Manage training logistics, including booking venues and catering, registrations, and dissemination of pre-training questionnaires and post-training evaluations.
- Maintain Alice PR’s training log.
- Support our team of trainers, including formatting PowerPoints / handouts in advance of training sessions.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational and administration skills, with the ability to juggle a wide range of activities, prioritise your own workload and meet deadlines.
- 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced office administration position.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills and, in particular, a high standard of written communication.
- Reliable, consistent and conscientious with good attention to detail.
- Experience of Xero, Toggl, Calamari, Slack, and Canva (or other online tools focused on office administration and financial management).
- An understanding of, and interest in, current affairs.
How to Apply
We’re working with our friends in Principle HR to find the right candidate for this role. So, for further information and to apply, contact Principle directly.