Alice PR & Events is recruiting an Account Manager for the Dublin Office.
**The closing date for applications has passed.**
Alice PR & Events is a young and growing public relations agency, with offices in Dublin and Belfast. We connect clients with their target audiences through media relations, online communications, training and creative events.
At Alice, we work on projects that excite us and issues we care about. Our clients include national and international research and innovation organisations; cultural festivals and major public events; charities and advocacy groups campaigning on important societal issues; and start-ups and SMEs.
We are selective about who we work with and who works for us. We are currently recruiting for an ambitious and creative Account Manager with superb attention to detail and a strong understanding of media relations. We want someone calm and collected, who can prioritise quickly and juggle competing demands on their time, and who has high standards and a passion for communications.
As a team, we are sociable and supportive of each other. We love our work, and enjoy working together. We do not micro-manage. We have a sense of humour and try not to take ourselves too seriously.
About the Role
Location: Alice PR & Events, 28 Great Strand Street, Dublin 1
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week, with some flexibility required)
Reports to: Managing Director and Organisational Development Director
As Account Manager, you will execute PR campaigns on behalf of clients, using a combination of traditional, digital and social media tools and techniques. You will also contribute to ongoing business development at Alice PR & Events. Key tasks include:
Public Relations & Event Management
- Coordinating client accounts and serving as a daily point of contact for clients.
- Devising and delivering strong media relations and social media campaigns for clients with wider Account Teams.
- Evaluating and reporting on client campaigns.
- Drafting copy and managing the design process for client publications and websites.
- Managing and mentoring more junior members of staff.
- Managing marketing and logistics for client events.
- Identifying business development opportunities and proactively pursuing same.
- Developing content for tenders and proposals.
- Preparing pitches and participating in the delivery of pitches.
Operations & Administration
- Answering telephone calls and fielding queries, as required.
- Assisting with the overall maintenance of a good physical office environment.
- Contributing to Alice PR & Events’ social media channels.
- Contributing to the maintenance and updating of our contacts databases.
About the Person
- Relevant qualification in communications, journalism, public relations or other related field.
- At least two years’ PR experience at Account Executive level.
- Excellent copywriting, proof-reading and communication skills.
- Calm, organised and flexible, with the ability to juggle a wide range of activities, prioritise your own workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong familiarity with use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong social media skills (previous experience of monitoring, updating and creating content for social media accounts is desirable).
- Interested in current affairs and the world around you.
- Concise and open communicator.
- Reliable, consistent and conscientious with good attention to detail.
- Open to learning and trying new things.
- Innovative and creative.
- Happy to share experience with more junior team members and to proactively assume responsibility for both client and business development tasks.
- Previous experience of delivering training (e.g. in social media skills) is desirable.
- 21 days’ annual leave.
- Two bonus leave days (Christmas Eve and Good Friday).
- Salary will depend on experience.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for #TeamAlice and would enjoy working with us, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Account Manager’. Your application must meet the following criteria or it will not be considered:
- Your application must include both a cover letter and a CV, combined and sent in one document.
- We ask that you keep your cover letter to a maximum of one page.
- In your cover letter, please include why you feel you are a good fit for this role, and the number of years’ experience you have in PR.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 12th July 2019, at 5pm. Shortlisting will apply. We expect to hold interviews during the week commencing 22nd July 2019.