Alice PR & Events is recruiting for the position of Office Coordinator for the Dublin Office.
Alice PR & Events is a young and growing public relations agency, with offices in Dublin and Belfast. We connect clients with their target audiences through media relations, online communications, training and creative events.At Alice, we work on projects that excite us and issues we care about. Our clients include national and international research and innovation organisations; cultural festivals and major public events; charities and advocacy groups campaigning on important societal issues; and start-ups and SMEs.We are selective about who we work with and who works for us.
We are currently looking for a friendly, ambitious and super-organised Office Coordinator to join our team in Dublin. We want someone calm and collected, who can prioritise quickly and juggle competing demands on their time, and who has high standards and attention to detail.
As a team, we are sociable and supportive of each other. We love our work, and enjoy working together. We do not micro-manage. We have a sense of humour and try not to take ourselves too seriously.
About the Role
As Office Coordinator, you will play a key role in the smooth running of a busy office and provide support to the senior management team.
- Location: Alice PR & Events, 28 Great Strand Street, Dublin 1
- Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week, with some flexibility required)
- Reports to: Managing Director and Organisational Development Director
- Be the first point of contact for Alice PR & Events, including answering telephone calls and fielding queries, and managing the email@example.com email address.
- Provide executive support to our Managing Director and senior management team, including diary management.
- Administrative support for human resources.
- Administrative support for business development.
- Manage our contacts database and ensure Alice is GDPR compliant.
- Maintain a good physical office environment.
- Coordinate Alice social events.
- Create and implement administration systems, e.g. maintaining office supplies and managing relationships with suppliers of IT, phones, electricity, cleaning services, etc.
- Issue monthly invoices and follow up, as required.
- Manage our petty cash and receipts systems.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Coordinate the Alice PR & Events website and social media platforms. This includes creating content for platforms with the Alice team.
- Coordinate our marketing activities, including company events, Christmas cards, etc.
About the Person
- Relevant qualification and / or experience (min. 2 years) in business administration.
- Strong familiarity with use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong social media skills (previous experience of monitoring, updating and creating content for social media accounts is desirable).
- Calm, organised and flexible, with the ability to juggle a wide range of activities, prioritise your own workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and face-to-face.
- Reliable, consistent and conscientious, with good attention to detail.
- Concise and open communicator.
- Open to learning and trying new things.
- 21 days’ annual leave.
- Two bonus leave days (Christmas Eve and Good Friday).
- Salary will depend on experience.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for #TeamAlice and would enjoy working with us, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Office Coordinator’. The closing date for applications is Monday, 1st April, at 5pm. Shortlisting will apply. We expect to hold interviews during the week commencing 8th April 2019.