It’s another bumper A-List update from the team as we’ve been exploring the best options to eat, drink, watch, listen to and visit in Dublin and beyond.
Over the past few weeks, Team Alice has been:
- A Fortunate Man on Netflix.
- Black is King: a film by Beyonce on Disney+.
- Beethoven and The Never Ending Story on Netflix, because some of us are just big kids at heart.
- The Kissing Booth 1…and 2… on Netflix, because some of us are still just teenage girls at heart.
- In binge-watching, we’re also catching up with The Fall, which is now on Netflix, as is…
- Indian Matchmaking, which has caused some controversy online and with which we are utterly obsessed.
- Folklore – Taylor Swift. (Yes we’re also digging out our Aran jumpers…)
- Black is King (the soundtrack) by Beyonce. (Yes, we’re obsessed.)
- New tunes from All We Are, Glass Animals and PORTS.
- Don’t Touch my Hair by Emma Dabiri.
- The Wild Laughter by Caoilinn Hughes.
- Say Nothing by Patrick Radden Keefe.
- And The Cow Book by John Connell (our next Team Alice Book Club read!).
Eating and Drinking:
- A lovely family meal out at Mitchel House in Thurles.
- Bonobo’s in Smithfield – dog friendly and Marty approved.
- Happy Out Café – also Marty approved!
- Mikey Ryan’s in Cashel.
- Barrtrá, outside Lahinch, is a home converted into a restaurant with a stunning view overlooking Liscannor Bay. The surprise five-course meal has made a BIG impression!
- The Driftwood, Rosses Point.
- The Magpie Inn, Dún Laoghaire.
- Juanitos, on Drury Street – the best thing on Deliveroo? Our order history suggests so.
Visiting and Staycationing:
Here’s to another sunny weekend (fingers crossed!) and the makings of another bumper pack of A-List recommendations for you very soon!