We’ve had another busy couple of weeks at Alice PR, but that hasn’t stopped #TeamAlice consuming lots of culture. We’re back with our latest recommendations…
In particular, we’ve been watching a LOT of great movies and TV shows – clear proof that the sunshine has disappeared (hopefully on a temporary basis) and the rain is back! Over the past fortnight, we’ve been:
- ‘Fearless: Samantha Barry’ on RTÉ Player, a documentary about the Irish woman at the helm of Glamour Magazine (according to Darragh, she’s amazing).
- ‘A Very English Scandal’ and ‘Frasier’, also both on RTÉ Player.
- ‘Beautiful Boy’ and ‘Bombshell’, both on Prime.
- ‘Bordertown’ and the new series of ‘Queer Eye’ on Netflix.
- TV series, ‘Run’ and ‘Noughts and Crosses’.
- ‘Calamity Jane’ (these rainy days are the perfect time for a classic!).
- Any televised Premier League game – for the sheer novelty of having football back (that’s Emma!).
- The lovely David Gray documentary on RTÉ last week (that was Martina, re-living her college days, when ‘White Ladder’ was a constant soundtrack).
- ‘The Daily’ – a podcast from the New York Times, which is brilliant for an in-depth US perspective of what’s happening in that country.
- ‘The Inquiry’ podcast from BBC World Service – on the topic of ‘Will Covid-19 Change Cities?’.
- ‘Candlelit Tales’.
- ‘Where Should We Begin? With Ester Perel’, a podcast featuring (anonymised) therapy sessions with real-life couples.
- ‘Lady in Waiting’ by Anne Glenconnor.
- ‘The Little Red Chairs’ by Edna O’Brien.
- ‘Girl, Woman, Other’ by Bernardine Evaristo.
Eating, Cooking and Drinking:
- Delicious take-outs from Okayu and Fish Shop.
- A surprise and “most delightful” (to quote Emily!) delivery of Irish craft beer from The Beer Club.
- ‘IMAGE x An Post: Literature in Lockdown’ – an interesting panel discussion, hosted by Dominique McMullan and featuring Naoise Dolan, Patrick Freyne, Sinead Gleeson and Liz Nugent. You can watch it back here.
- Games of Monopoly.
- A ramble out to Dún Laoghaire for an icecream in the rain.
Looking Forward To:
- The 2020 Awards for Excellence in PR, which take place this afternoon. We’re up for awards in two categories AND a small few of us are actually meeting (in an appropriate physically-distanced setting) to watch the awards together – the first time we’ll have properly seen each other since early March!