It’s been a while, so we have a bumper edition of the A-List for you this weekend – packed full of our latest recommendations for what to watch, read, eat and do in Dublin and beyond.
From the tip of Donegal to Dún Laoghaire pier, we’ve been sampling some of Ireland’s best pizza in recent weeks. We’ve been enjoying lots of the recently re-opened restaurants and visitor attractions. And we’ve been out exploring in Wicklow, Derry, Kenmare, Clifden and more.
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been:
- ‘Motherland’ on Netflix – perfect if you’re looking for something short, snappy and laugh-out-loud funny.
- ‘Hamilton’ on Disney+.
- Saint Sister’s performance and Fontaines DC live from Kilmainham Gaol for the Other Voices #Courage2020 series.
- ‘I May Destroy You’, which – according to Emily – is “ridiculously good”.
- ‘Frozen 2’ (don’t judge!).
- The ‘Boys in Green’ documentary on RTÉ.
- Dolly Parton’s America on Spotify – which Martina rates as one of the best podcasts she’s ever heard.
- ‘The Volunteer’ by Jack Fairweather, the fascinating true story of Polish Resistance fighter Witold Pilecki, who volunteered to enter Auschwitz in 1940 to expose the horrors unfolding there.
- ‘Book of Longing’, a collection of poetry by Leonard Cohen.
- ‘The Education of An Idealist’ by Samantha Power.
- ‘Minor Monuments’ by Ian Maleney.
Eating and Drinking:
- Amazing pizza and cocktails at Boco on Bolton Street.
- Tasty chargrilled veg at Lenehan’s in Rathmines.
- More pizza at The Circular in Rialto.
- Great coffee from The Fat Fox drive-thru in Delgany.
- And more great coffee (and fab chicken sambos) from Laine, My Love on Talbot Street.
- Some of Northern Ireland’s finest brews at Blackbird in Derry.
- Yet more pizza from the Goose & Gander Pizzeria in Carrigart, Co. Donegal and Oliveto in Dún Laoghaire, where we recommend nabbing one of the tables out front, overlooking the pier.
- The Pearse Lyons Irish Whiskey Distillery in Dublin’s Liberties, thanks to our client, Drinks Ireland|Irish Whiskey.
- The Guinness Storehouse – to see the fab ‘Soon Is Now’ exhibition, featuring all the prints available from the Creatives Against Covid-19 initiative.
- Howth – for clifftop walks.
- Powerscourt Estate and Kilmacurragh Botanic Gardens in Wicklow – for lovey day-trips from Dublin.
- Lough Dan for great hiking, swimming and camping.
- Kenmare and Clifden for lovely long weekends away.
- Fanad in Co. Donegal to soak up the best of the Wild Atlantic Way.
Have a lovely weekend, everyone!