Alice’s Christmas Reading List
Each year at the Alice Christmas party, every member of our team receives a gift of a book, carefully chosen for them to reflect their interests and reading preferences.
We’ve a few major bookworms on #TeamAlice and, in recent years, we’ve even started an Alice Book Club.
With only a few days left now for Christmas shopping - and with lots of time for reading over the holidays - we’re sharing the list of books we bought this year. They range from the memoirs of rock-stars and sports heroes to books about food, gardening, crafting, interiors, current affairs, and the magical Irish landscape.
Hopefully this provides some inspiration for any of you looking for last-minute reading recommendations.
We’ll leave it to you to guess which book was selected for which Alice team-member :)
Our 2022 Christmas Book List
- ‘Dear Dolly: On Love, Life and Friendship’ by Dolly Alderton
- ‘Comrades: A Lifetime of Friendships’ by Rosita Boland
- ‘Surrender: 40 Songs, One Story’ by Bono
- ‘Faith, Hope and Carnage’ by Nick Cave and Seán O’Hagan
- ‘Décor Galore’ by Laura De Barra
- ‘Far and Away - The Essential AA Gill’, a collection of writings by the late journalist, AA Gill
- ‘The Persuaders: At the Front Lines of the Fight for Hearts, Minds and Democracy’ by Anand Giridharadas
- ‘Kellie’ by Kellie Harrington with Roddy Doyle
- ‘The Homemade Year’ by Lilly Higgins
- ‘The GIY Diaries’ by Michael Kelly
- ‘Listen to the Land Speak’ by Manchán Magan
- ‘We Don’t Know Ourselves - A Personal History of Ireland since 1958’ by Fintan O’Toole
- ‘The Granite Coast: Dún Laoghaire, Sandycove, Dalkey’ by Peter Pearson
- ‘Ruth and Pen’ by Emilie Pine
- ‘Taste - My Life Through Food’ by Stanley Tucci