Alice’s Christmas Reading List
Each year at the Alice Christmas party, every member of our team receives a gift of a book, carefully chosen for them to reflect their interests and reading preferences.
We’ve a few major bookworms on #TeamAlice and, in recent years, we’ve even started an Alice Book Club.
With only a few days left now for Christmas shopping - and with lots of time for reading over the holidays - we’re sharing the list of books we bought this year. They range from the memoirs of rock-stars and sports heroes to books about food, gardening, crafting, interiors, current affairs, and the magical Irish landscape.
Hopefully this provides some inspiration for any of you looking for last-minute reading recommendations.
We purchased all these books from two great independent Irish book-shops, both Dublin-based: The Gutter Bookshop, which has stores in Temple Bar and Dalkey, and The Village Bookshop in Terenure.
We’ll leave it to you to guess which book was selected for which Alice team-member :)
Our 2022 Christmas Book List
- ‘Dear Dolly: On Love, Life and Friendship’ by Dolly Alderton
- ‘Comrades: A Lifetime of Friendships’ by Rosita Boland
- ‘Surrender: 40 Songs, One Story’ by Bono
- ‘Faith, Hope and Carnage’ by Nick Cave and Seán O’Hagan
- ‘Décor Galore’ by Laura De Barra
- ‘Far and Away - The Essential AA Gill’, a collection of writings by the late journalist, AA Gill
- ‘The Persuaders: At the Front Lines of the Fight for Hearts, Minds and Democracy’ by Anand Giridharadas
- ‘Kellie’ by Kellie Harrington with Roddy Doyle
- ‘The Homemade Year’ by Lilly Higgins
- ‘The GIY Diaries’ by Michael Kelly
- ‘Listen to the Land Speak’ by Manchán Magan
- ‘We Don’t Know Ourselves - A Personal History of Ireland since 1958’ by Fintan O’Toole
- ‘The Granite Coast: Dún Laoghaire, Sandycove, Dalkey’ by Peter Pearson
- ‘Ruth and Pen’ by Emilie Pine
- ‘Taste - My Life Through Food’ by Stanley Tucci