#TeamAlice is hiring a Client Director!
We’re looking for someone who shares our values, ambition and high standards to join our award-winning team.
Alice Public Relations is looking for an experienced and solutions-focused Client Director to join our team. We want someone with excellent relationship management skills who can prioritise quickly, juggle competing demands, and who has high standards and attention to detail.
The Client Director will be essential to the delivery of creative and impactful public relations campaigns and events for our clients. The work will be varied, encompassing campaign strategy, public affairs, media and stakeholder relations, training, and campaign evaluation.
You will also be expected to actively contribute to ongoing business development by fostering new relationships, identifying potential business opportunities with new and existing clients of Alice, and contributing to tenders and pitches. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary; hybrid working; flexible start and finish times; a flexi-finish on Friday; up to 26 days’ annual leave; PRII membership; paid monthly mobile phone bill; access to an Employee Assistance Programme, as well as access to additional company benefits.
Alice is an award-winning public relations agency with offices in Dublin and Belfast. At Alice, our purpose is to create change that makes Ireland – and the world – a better place. We do this by delivering ambitious communications campaigns for our clients.
Since we were established in 2015, we’ve worked on campaigns to promote gender equality, LGBTQ+ rights, reproductive rights, climate action, education and training opportunities, and integration and anti-racism initiatives. We support health-focused charities to run annual awareness and fundraising campaigns and, every year, we manage campaigns that promote Ireland’s culture, heritage and regional development.
While our external purpose is focused on improving the world, we have a complementary internal purpose, which is to provide our employees with secure, sustainable career paths, whilst ensuring they can lead happy, fulfilling lives.
At Alice, we achieve our purpose working in line with our core values:
- Creative and Passionate
- Friendly and Unflappable
The Alice team commits to doing our utmost to live these values through our work.
Alice operates a hybrid model of working. You will be based at the Company’s head office, which is currently in Rathmines, Dublin, for a minimum of 2 days per week. You have the option of working remotely and / or at our Dublin or Belfast offices for the remainder of your week.
Managing Director / Deputy MD
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create, direct, and evaluate impactful and creative communications campaigns and events using paid, earned, shared and owned media.
- Provide considered strategic advice and creative solutions to clients to help them to achieve their communications and organisational objectives.
- Manage the performance of the client team to ensure campaign objectives are achieved.
- Devise messaging strategies and distil complex information for target audiences.
- Communicate proactively with clients and calmly resolve any client concerns or contract issues.
- Review client materials as part of the quality control process and provide considered feedback and direction to Client Managers, and Client Executives.
- Identify business development opportunities for new and existing clients, proactively pursue same, and contribute to proposals and pitches.
- Line-manage more junior members of the team.
- Deliver training in your areas of expertise and support staff members to deliver training, as required.
- Monitor current affairs and communications trends and the environment in which our clients operate and bring new ideas and opportunities to them as they emerge.
- Comply with internal systems, processes, and practices.
About the Person
- Minimum of 3 years’ PR Agency experience – with at least 1 year at Director level.
- Experience leading and managing client teams.
- Proven track record of relationship management skills, working proactively and managing clients and expectations.
- Excellent understanding of the Irish media and political / policymaking landscapes – strong contacts across both.
- Experience of managing competing priorities and dealing with complex issues.
- Experience of successfully leading on integrated communications campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Creativity, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Calm under pressure.
- Experience of line management.
- Reflects the Alice values, and is committed to achieving positive change in the world.
Salary will be reflective of the candidate’s experience and in line with industry standards.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for #TeamAlice and would enjoy working with us, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Client Director Application’.
Your application must include a cover letter and CV combined and sent in one document. Please keep your cover letter to a maximum of one page. In your cover letter, include:
- Why you feel you are a good fit for this role with #TeamAlice; and
- Details of your experience as a Director working in a PR agency.
The closing date for applications is 30th June. Shortlisting will apply. We expect to hold interviews during the week beginning 10th July.