Hardcore followers of #TeamAlice may be aware that, for the past four years, we’ve published a regular blog, ‘What Ticked Alice?’, detailing our cultural adventures in Dublin, Belfast and further afield.
Fresh from a 2020 team planning day, we’ve decided to give our blog a shake-up.
And, so, we bid farewell to ‘What Tickled…’ and introduce ‘The A-List’. This will be our new weekly round-up of all the things we’ve been consuming – from food to film; from the songs we can’t get out of our heads to the books we can’t put down.
So, this week, we’ve been:
- ‘Rage Becomes Her: The Power of Women’s Anger’ by Soraya Chemaly.
- ‘Bookworm: A Memoir of Childhood Reading’ by Lucy Mangan.
- ‘Olive Kitteridge’ by Elizabeth Strout.
- ‘American Carnage: On the Front Lines of the Republican Civil War and the Rise of President Trump’ by Tim Alberta.
- ‘Climate Justice’ by Mary Robinson.
- ‘The Power of Onlyness’ by Nilofer Merchant.
- ‘Cheer’, ‘Money Heist’, ‘The Stranger’, ‘Sex Education’, ‘AJ and the Queen’, ‘Messiah’ and ‘Lady Bird’ on Netflix.
- ‘All Walks of Life’ with Mary McAleese and Amy Huberman and the ‘Prime Time’ leaders’ debate on RTÉ.
- The ‘Inside Politics – Election Daily’ podcast and ‘The Women’s Podcast’ from The Irish Times.
- The ‘Today in Focus’ podcast from The Guardian.
- ‘The Teacher’s Pet’.
- The ‘Happy Place’ podcast by Fearne Cotton.
- The ‘How to Fail’ podcast with Elizabeth Day.
- ‘Sentinel’ by Jape.
- The ‘Sex Education’ soundtrack on Spotify.
- Our neighbours, The Woollen Mills, have a beautiful meeting room overlooking the River Liffey. We used it for our team planning day this week.
Feeling inspired by:
- A workshop with Ray McKiernan from Resilience International, looking at how we can de-stress and work smarter, not harder.
And looking forward to:
- A weekend visit to The Happy Pear.
- Non-stop reading / watching / listening to the election results.
- A Sunday roast at home in Laois (that’s Eimear!).
- Checking out our new neighbours, Leon, opening on the Millennium Walkway next Tuesday, who have kindly invited us to their ‘Food for Feedback’ preview event on Monday.
Have a lovely weekend, everyone, and don’t forget to vote tomorrow!