Alice PR & Events is recruiting an Account Executive for the Dublin Office.
**Applications now closed**
About Alice PR & Events
Alice PR & Events is a young and growing public relations agency, with offices in Dublin and Belfast. We connect clients with their target audiences through media relations, online communications, training and creative events.
At Alice, we work on projects that excite us and issues we care about. Our clients include national and international research and innovation organisations; cultural festivals and major public events; charities and advocacy groups campaigning on important societal issues; and start-ups and SMEs. In 2019, we have been the proud recipients of the award for ‘Best Launch Event’ at the Event Industry Awards (for our work on the launch of the Together for Yes campaign last year), while one of our colleagues won the prestigious ‘Young Communications Professional of the Year’ award at the annual Awards for Excellence in Public Relations.
We are selective about who we work with and who works for us. We are currently recruiting for an ambitious Account Executive with superb organisational skills and a passion for the work we do. We want someone calm and collected, who can prioritise quickly and juggle competing demands on their time, and who has high standards and attention to detail.
As a team, we are sociable, non-hierarchical, and supportive of each other. We love our work, and enjoy working together. We do not micro-manage. We have a sense of humour and try not to take ourselves too seriously.
Contract: Full-time, permanent.
Location: Alice PR & Events, 28 Great Strand Street, Dublin 1
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week, with some flexibility required)
Reports to: Managing Director and Organisational Development Director
About the Role
As Account Executive, you will work closely with the wider team at Alice, executing PR campaigns on behalf of a diverse set of clients, using a combination of traditional and digital tools and techniques. You will have the opportunity to build your skills in client relations and business development, and to gain valuable insights into the wide range of tasks that are involved in running a successful PR agency.
Public Relations & Event Management
Contributing to the development of strong media relations and social media campaigns for clients, and delivery of same:
Writing and issuing press materials on behalf of clients.
Creating content for clients’ online campaigns; monitoring and updating of social media accounts.
Engagement with target journalists, politicians, stakeholders and influencers.
Organising photocalls and developing creative concepts for same.
Contributing to marketing and logistics for client events.
Evaluating and reporting on client campaigns, including media monitoring.
Attending client meetings and contributing ideas to PR strategies and campaign plans.
Contributing to the development and delivery of content for tenders and proposals.
Operations & Administration
Answering telephone calls and fielding queries, as required.
Assisting with the overall maintenance of a good physical office environment.
Contributing to Alice PR & Events’ social media channels.
Contributing to the maintenance and updating of our contacts databases.
About the Person
- Relevant qualification in communications, journalism, public relations or other related field preferable.
- At least one year’s experience working / interning in public relations.
- Calm, organised and flexible, with the ability to juggle a wide range of activities, prioritise your own workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent copywriting, proof-reading and communication skills.
- Good familiarity with use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong social media skills (previous experience of monitoring, updating and creating content for social media accounts is desirable).
- Interested in current affairs and the world around you.
- Concise and open communicator.
- Reliable, consistent and conscientious with good attention to detail.
- Open to learning and trying new things.
- Innovative and creative.
- Desirable (but not essential): experience working on consumer PR campaigns and / or major public events; strong interest in lifestyle media and influencers.
- 21 days’ annual leave.
- Two bonus leave days (Christmas Eve and Good Friday).
- Salary will depend on experience.
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit for #TeamAlice and would enjoy working with us, please send your application to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Account Executive. Your application must meet the following criteria or it will not be considered:
1. Your application must include a cover letter, CV and sample of your writing combined and sent in one document.
2. We ask that you keep your cover letter to a maximum of one page. In your cover letter, please include:
- Why you feel you are a good fit for this role; and
- Details of your experience working in public relations.
3. We ask that you keep your writing sample to a maximum of 500 words.
- Your writing sample should demonstrate your excellent copywriting, proof-reading and communication skills.
- It can include, but is not limited to, a press release, blog, speech or opinion piece.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 12th August 2019 at 12 noon. Shortlisting will apply. We expect to hold interviews during the week commencing 19th August 2019. We expect our new Account Executive to start with us in mid-September.